Magnesium deficiency can be harmful! Low magnesium levels can cause fatigue, seizures, high blood pressure, blood clots, muscle cramps and so on.
It’s estimated that 80 percent of Americans have a magnesium deficiency. And this is not a good thing since this mineral affects every organ in the body.
According to the institute of medicine, adult men should consume 400 –
Here are 17 foods that will magnesium in the body and improve overall health.
1. Okra: One cup of okra has 70 mg of magnesium – approx. 15 percent of the recommended daily intake. Avoid fried okra, boil or roast it.
2. Dark chocolate: A bar of chocolate has more than half of the daily recommended magnesium.
3. Pumpkin: A cup of chopped pumpkin has 60 mg of magnesium. This food also other numerous benefits so eat it as often as possible.
4. Brown rice: A cup of brown rice supplies about 20 percent of recommended magnesium.
5. Avocado: This alkaline food is a great magnesium source. One medium size avocado has about 15 percent of the magnesium you need in a day.
6. Almonds: One ounce of this healthy nut has approx. 20 percent of magnesium you need.
7. Beet greens: Beet greens may not be popular, but they have lots of magnesium. One cup has 100 mg of magnesium.
8. Spinach: A cup of spinach has 150 mg of magnesium. This is definitely one of the best sources of this mineral.
9. Squash: This pumpkin-like will give lots of magnesium. One cup has about 40 mg.
10. Broccoli: If you’ve never liked broccoli, its magnesium content might change your mind. A cup has 33 mg.
11. Figs: 4 cups of dried figs can give you all the magnesium you need in a day.
12. Cashew nuts: An ounce of cashew nuts has about 20 percent of the magnesium you need.
13. Bananas: Bananas may be known for being potassium-rich, but they also contain some magnesium.
14. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin and squash seeds contain about 19 percent of recommended magnesium per ounce.
15. Lentils: A cup of lentils will give you 18 percent of recommended magnesium.
16. Cucumbers: A cup of cucumbers has about 40 mg of magnesium.
17. Peas: You can get 70 mg of magnesium from a cup of peas.
This post has been seen 1921 times.