Antibiotic resistance is a big problem nowadays. Super bugs don’t respond to prescription antibiotics. So we have to try alternative methods of treatment. Luckily, research shows that there are natural herbs and spices that have more potent antibiotic properties than prescription antibiotics.
Using these natural antibiotics will reduce chances of antibiotic resistance and help treat mild infections. Realize that antibiotics don’t fight viruses – but they can fight parasites, fungi, and bacteria. It’s also worth noting that there are anti-fungal and antibacterial natural antibiotics.
If you’re trying to treat fungi, use the natural antibiotics with anti-fungal properties. And use natural antibiotics with antibacterial properties to fight bacteria.
Note that it’s important to get advice from a doctor on which natural antibiotic is best to treat your specific condition.
Here are the 10 most powerful natural antibiotics:
1. Onion extract: Research shows that onion extract has antibacterial and antitoxigenic activities. Using 500 ppm of onion oil can completely inhibit fungi growth.
2. Habanero peppers: According to science, this pepper can inhibit four different types of foodborne pathogenic bacteria.
3. Ginger extract: Studies show that ginger has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. In fact, there’s evidence showing that ginger is more potent than some antibiotics.
4. Apple cider vinegar: ACV contains a compound called malic acid – it is an antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral agent. You can use it to treat minor infections.
5. Horseradish root: In this study which compared the effectiveness of horseradish against standard antibiotics, researchers found that horseradish can benefit people with bronchitis, sinusitis, and urinary tract infections.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Research shows that turmeric oil can treat infections when applied for only 7 days.
7. Raw honey: You’ve probably heard that raw honey can be used to treat coughs and respiratory infections. Well, this is due to its potent antibacterial properties. In fact this study showed that raw honey has antibacterial activity similar to antibiotics.
8. Oregano essential oil: Research shows that oregano has very strong antibacterial activity against bacteria.
9. Garlic extract: Garlic extract can treat bacterial infections.
10. Echinacea root extract: This herb is used to reduce symptoms of cold and flu, and it also treats fungal and bacterial infections.
This post has been seen 911 times.