Cinnamon essential oil is one of the most versatile essential oils. Cinnamon is a sweet spice relished all over the world. It is also used as an herbal tea. Cinnamon is also used to extract an essential oil which has its exact sweet, pervading aroma which is very soothing. Cinnamon essential oil has a plethora of health benefits and healing properties.
Homemade Cinnamon Oil
Items you will need: cinnamon sticks, a glass jar, preferably amber or green with a wide mouth and straight sides (for ease in straining out the substances), and olive oil.
- Get enough cinnamon sticks and stuff them inside the glass jar. Fill up all the empty spaces if possible.
- Pour the olive oil inside the jar until all of the cinnamon sticks are entirely covered.
- Place the glass jar in a warm place such as your window. Secure it so it won’t topple over. Leave the jar for about three weeks.
- Shake the jar daily. This will release the cinnamon oil from the base oil.
- After three weeks, the oil from the cinnamon sticks will be completely released and will be formed as cinnamon oil. Using a piece of cheese cloth or similar material, strain the cinnamon oil. You can also use your fingers to pull out the cinnamon oil from the sticks.
- Put the cinnamon oil in an amber bottle and store it in a cool, dry place.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon oil
Add 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil to food after it is cooked. One good way to use it is to mix this one drop in salad. Consuming just 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil provides nutrients from cinnamon. It helps to lower blood glucose levels and has a stimulating effect on the pancreas. Cinnamon essential oil from the bark contains cinnamaldehyde which exerts this strong blood glucose lowering effect.
Cinnamon essential oil has a protective effect on the kidneys. It has been found to prevent the kidneys from damage induced by alloxan. Similarly, it can protect the kidneys from damage by environmental toxins and reduce its workload.
Urinary Tract Infections
Women are especially prone to infections in the urino-genital tract, although it affects men too. These infections are generally bacterial or fungal. They can be treated by taking a warm water sitz bath with essential oils in it. Use essential oils like cinnamon, eucalyptus and tea tree essential oil. Add 10 – 15 drops in this water bath. It provides quick relief from UTI and other infections in a few applications.
Cinnamon essential oil is used with other anti-rheumatic essential oils to make massage oils for relief from arthritis. Add 4 – 5 drops of cinnamon essential oil in a base oil like mustard oil. Warm the oil gently. Now massage the painful joint with this oil combination. Regular massage once a day provides quick relief from arthritis.
The aroma of cinnamon essential oil is warming and uplifting to the senses. Inhale directly from the vial of cinnamon essential oil for about 1 minute. Its warming aroma soothes the mind and helps one overcome negative feelings.
This post has been seen 9254 times.