Time to make: 40 mins
Total cost: $11.82 / $1.97 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 3 medium-sized beetroot or canned diced beetroot (if using canned beetroot, start at Step 3)
- 1 tablespoon oil, to drizzle
- 3/4 cup orzo or risoni pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- handful chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 60g marinated feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Trim stalks off beetroot and boil whole for about 8 minutes to slightly soften. If you have large beetroot, cut in halves or quarters first.
Step 2Drain beetroot, peel and dice them. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
Step 3Cook orzo in boiling salted water until tender.
Step 4Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients.
Step 5Drain cooked orzo. Mix with beetroot, walnuts, celery and dressing. Stir in parsley (if using). Top with crumbled feta. Serve warm or chilled, garnished with extra fresh parsley if desired.
– See more at: http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2013/may/tasty-beetroot-and-pasta-salad#sthash.huR0upbe.dpuf
This post has been seen 1788 times.