Do you find yourself having trouble sleeping? Have you ever considered that your diet could be the problem? Give this delicious recipe a try before bed. If you’re someone who eats before bed then make sure that you avoid foods that will keep you awake. You need to avoid sugary foods because they spike your blood sugar levels, which is the last thing you want when trying to sleep.
This cocktail recipe is based on healthy ingredients that are great at promoting sleep. The high calcium content of the milk calms the nervous system while the lactose stimulates the release of endorphins.
Milk is also rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that can be used to create serotonin. Serotonin is a kind of neurotransmitter that regulates the body clock. The chamomile and the valerian in the drink are known for being powerful relaxants. Both valerian and chamomile relax the nervous system and the muscles.
- 1 ½ liters of raw organic milk or coconut milk (almond or hemp milk)
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 10 drops of valerian
- Put the milk into a saucepan, add the chamomile tea bag, and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes until there is a nice and milky chamomile infusion
- Mix the cocoa powder and some filtered water into a cup and keep going until you have a thick paste
- Take the teabag out of the saucepan and squeeze it to release all of the infusion
- Add the valerian tincture to the infusion and pour in the hot milk to the cup. Give it a good stir so that it combines well with the cocoa paste
- Drink this mixture around 10 minutes before going to bed
- Have a good night’s sleep!
This post has been seen 1736 times.