Insomnia is a very common problem nowadays, affecting equally men and women. If you are one of those who have trouble falling asleep at night, forget about your sleeping pills and try this green juice instead. This helpful recipe was created by Neka Pasquale, the famous founder of Urban Remedy, who used ingredients known to have therapeutic and calming effects on the body. This extremely healthy drink is not only delicious taste but it’s also easy to prepare. Plus, you can have it at any time! These are the health benefits of each ingredient of Neka’s natural sleeping aid
Romaine lettuce and watercress
Both vegetables are abundant in calcium and magnesium, which are extremely beneficial for relaxing tense muscles thus alleviating the process of falling asleep.
According to Neka, celery juice is packed in essential oils which are also beneficial for calming the nervous system thus helping the body to fall asleep faster.
Citrus – lemon and oranges
Citrus fruits are abundant in inositol, which can improve REM sleep. According to research, inositol can also calm anxiety.
Be cautious that this green juice is particularly effective when combined with a healthy lifestyle. Going to the bed around 10 p.m. is quite important as this time is much closer to your natural biorhythm.
GREEN JUICE – THE RECIPE
– 8-9 fresh stalks of organic celery
– 2 large or 3 smaller peeled organic oranges
– 1 middle-sized peeled organic lemon
– ½ bunch watercress
– ½ head organic romaine lettuce
- Juice all ingredients using a juicer. Stir occasionally if necessary.
- Take one glass of this green juice when it’s freshly made.
- Store the rest of this healthy beverage into the fridge and consume it within 3 days.
It’s recommended to take this juice half an hour before going to bed to get the desired results.
– See more at: http://www.healthyfoodteam.com/say-goodbye-to-sleepless-nights-with-this-incredible-green-juice/#sthash.tdWjrp2J.dpuf
This post has been seen 10953 times.