Unless you live under a rock, you’ve heard of the benefits of Himalayan pink salt. Himalayan pink salt has minerals and natural elements that improve overall health and prevent diseases.
The good thing about is salt is that it’s easily absorbed into the body. And you can use it to improve respiratory health.
Did you know that our great grandparents used salt therapy to treat lung conditions and respiratory problems? And now this method of treatment is being used in spas and wellness centers.
This salt has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. I’ll show you how you can use it to treat asthma, congestion, coughs and so on.
Use salt inhalers
You can put Himalayan pink salt in an inhaler to absorb particles of this disease-fighting salt into your lungs. Inhaling Himalayan pink salt will help fight lung inflammation, and treat allergies, asthma, congestion, sinus, and hay fever.
In fact, modern salt inhalers are totally safe, unlike traditional inhalers which were usually contaminated.
Here are the benefits of using a salt inhaler:
- It will help get rid of excess mucus.
- Less mucus will reduce coughing and enable you to sleep better.
- Get rid of harmful toxins in lungs and respiratory tract. The antibacterial, anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties will eliminate these toxins.
- Fight inflammation in the lungs.
- Inhalers can also reduce irritation and swelling in the nasal passages.
How to use salt inhaler properly
- First make sure you use a ceramic inhaler, not a plastic one.
- Put the Himalayan pink salt in the inhaler and then place the inhaler in your mouth.
- Breathe in through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- Avoid adding water even if your mouth is dry.
- Note that inhaling a little longer (through the mouth) will enable salt irons to go directly to the lungs where they’ll be absorbed into the blood.
Now, don’t share your inhaler with family or friends, it’s for one-person use only. Some folks experience these benefits within days of using salt inhalers but it may take a little bit longer for others.
This post has been seen 793 times.