Frozen shoulder is a condition which generally affects people at the age between 40 and 60. It is characterized by pain and stiffness in the shoulder which limits the range of movements. Its event can be caused due to several factors, including dehydration, autoimmune disease, or shoulder injury. Particular risk group of people who are prone to frozen shoulder are patients who have experienced stroke, diabetics and people with heart disease.
Its development has 3 stages:
- Painful stage- a severe shoulder pain
- Frozen stage- inability to move the shoulder
- Thawing stage- the latest stage of frozen shoulder
Frozen shoulder can be treated naturally, with the help of the following remedies:
- Put some crushed garlic cloves and mustard oil in a pan. As soon as the garlic turns brown, remove the pan from the stove and allow the oil to cool down. Use your own pain relieving oil and massage your shoulder with it.
- Heat packs are a technique that gives quick results, but needs to be repeated 3-6 times a day. Put the heat pack on the painful area and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Dip black sesame seeds in water and let it stay overnight. In the morning, consume the mixture.
- Stretching exercises
- Stretch your arms in order to improve your shoulder`s movability. Yoga is an excellent alternative as well.
Moreover, it would be extremely beneficial if you drink a lot of water. Frozen shoulder may also be a result of a deficiency of liquids.
Also, consume fresh, healthy and unprocessed food and include healthy oils in your diet, in order to lubricate the shoulder joints. It is advisable to eat more herbs, spices, soups, and vegetables in order to relieve the inflammatory process.
Avoid fatty and fried foods, for they can only worsen the condition, as well as food which is high in fat and sodium.
This post has been seen 9699 times.