A no fuss dessert that’s easy to assemble yet immensely pleasing and satisfying. You’ll surely to ask for seconds.
Makes 16 servings
- 16 lady finger cookies
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups 5% ricotta cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 3 tablespoons chocolate or coffee-flavored liqueur
- Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, cocoa, ½ cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the ricotta mixture into the whites.
- Combine coffee and liqueur in a small bowl.
- Fill bottom of dish with lady fingers, then drizzle with half of coffee-liqueur mixture. Spread half of ricotta mixture on top. Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrients per serving
Serving size: 1 slice
starch 1 1/2
This post has been seen 10482 times.