Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins (Hands-on time: 45 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
Total cost: $28.62 / $4.77 per serve
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, finely chopped, squeezed of moisture
- 3 medium-sized courgettes, finely chopped, squeezed of moisture
- 2 medium-sized red capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons curry paste such as Madras curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, roughly mashed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 12 cups salad greens
Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Step 2Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, courgettes, capsicums and ²/³ cup cold water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender and water has evaporated. Add peas, curry paste, chickpeas and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Stir through cottage cheese.
Step 3Place 1 filo sheet on a flat surface, spray with oil, top with another sheet and spray with oil. Cut in half horizontally. Repeat with the remaining filo sheets. Place 1/2 cup mixture onto each filo rectangle (parallel to shorter edge). Fold shorter edge over filling, fold in the sides then roll up (like sausage rolls).
Step 4Place parcels on prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, combine mint with yoghurt. Serve parcels with yoghurt dip, mango chutney and salad.
This post has been seen 11508 times.