Store-bought butter is not healthy, because it is made from pasteurized milk. Have you ever thought of making your own butter?
Home made organic butter is healthy and packed with vitamins and minerals contained in raw milk. It is rich in vitamin A, essential for our eyes, skin, tissues, membranes and teeth. It also plays an important role in gene transcription.
Butter mostly contains short and medium chain fatty acids, powerful enough to protect against cancer.
How to make organic butter
- 2 cups heavy cream, organic
- sea salt, to taste
- Pour 2 cups of heavy cream into your food processor and process for 10 minutes. First it will turn into a thick, whipped cream. Keep processing until it turns grainy, separating into butter and buttermilk. Strain well.
- Scrape the butter from the sides, and put it in a clean bowl. Put your butter into a colander and strain off the buttermilk.
- Rinse the butter using cold water, gently turning itwhile the water runs over it . do soo until the water is clear
- Once your butter is clean, squeeze out the excess liquid using wooden paddles or spoons. Smash the butter and pour off the liquid.
- Put your butter in a jar or bowl, and keep it in the fridge, or the freezer, it is up to you. Use your homemade butter within several months.
This post has been seen 9341 times.