Deadly nicotine enters your body when you smoke cigarettes, and it takes it 6-8 hours to leave it. And not the entire amout leaves, some is left for up to 2-3 days in your body and some by-products stay for up to 20-30 days.
Some studies say if you eat more fruit and vegetables which are rich with vitamin C, it will accelerate your metabolism, and help remove nicotine from your bloodstream faster. A survey made by public health researchers from the University of Buffalo surveyed 1,000 smokers aged 25 or older throughout the country. The result after 14 months showed that the ones who ate the most vegetables and fruit were 3 times more inclined to stay off tobacco compared to those who consumed smaller amounts, for at least 30 days. They also scored better on a nicotine-dependency test and smoked less frequently per day.
Fruit and vegetables make it easier for smokers to quit because they make people feel sated, because smokers occasionally confuse hunger with cigarette craving; lowered nicotine dependence; fruit and vegetables could make the taste of tobacco repulsive, unlike alcohol, coffee or meat; healthier lifestyle has a better chance at making smokers give up their smoking.
Food and drinks vs. Nicotine
1. Water hydrates the body because the nicotine dehydrates it and helps in sweating out the nicotine from your system.
2. Vegetables, such as egg-plants, beans, cucumbers and celery influence cigarette taste, decreasing nicotine dependence. However, don’t consume too much sweet vegetables since their sugar level is high and that could disturb the balance in the brain pleasure areas, in turn increasing the desire for smoking.
3. Nettle has a high concentration of iron, great for combating infection.
4. Kiwi purges nicotine from your body and restores vitamins A, C and E, which are reduced from smoking.
5. Pine needle tea has been used for mouth and throat disinfection for a long time, although it could also help with lung health.
6. Orange has high level of vitamin C which can replace its loss in your body, since smoking reduces it. It also reduces stress and fastens your metabolism, enabling faster nicotine removal.
7. Spinach has an abundance of vitamins and folic acid which is excellent for your body as well as making tobacco taste repulsive.
8. Broccoli has high amount of vitamin B5 and C, replenishing lost vitamin C and protects your lungs from toxin damage.
9. Carrot juice helps with nicotine removal by having high levels of vitamin A, B, C and K. Because nicotine damages your skin, carrot juice works wonders for your skin’s health.
This post has been seen 8939 times.