Grilled Rosemary-Salmon Skewers
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine rosemary, oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add salmon; toss to coat. Alternating the salmon and tomatoes, divide among eight 12-inch skewers.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the skewers, carefully turning once, until the salmon is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Serve immediately.
- Tips: Tips: How to skin a salmon fillet: Place skin-side down. Starting at the tail end, slip a long knife between the fish flesh and the skin, holding down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30 degrees angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
- To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Don’t use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare the skewers (Step 2), cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Proceed with grilling (Steps 1 & 3) when ready to serve.
- Equipment: Eight 12-inch skewers
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 246 cal., 15 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 67 mg chol., 211 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (1 g fiber), 23 g pro.
This post has been seen 5968 times.