There is a soup touted as being better than any antibiotic on the planet. It’s tasty and nutritious, and the simple act of enjoying it helps you fight off bacteria and infections. The star ingredient? Garlic.
Garlic is one of the most powerful herbs around, used by traditional healers for so many centuries now in treating all sorts of health maladies. Aside from allowing chefs to whip up stellar culinary creations, garlic is known to help lower bad cholesterol, increase athletic performance, prevent Alzheimer’s disease and so many others.
This herb is also known as an excellent microbe fighter, thus making it a potent all-natural antibiotic. A lot of people are aware that the intake of prescription antibiotics does not come without unfavorable side effects. Oftentimes, these side effects impact the skin, digestive system and even your heart.
The following are some of the side effects you may encounter:
- Tightness of throat
- Loss of appetite
- Rapid heart rate
- Drop in blood pressure
Also, you may be at risk of developing stronger strains of bacteria in your body that are resistant to antibiotics. When that happens, you may no longer attain the expected results from the intake of normal doses of antibiotics. Your doctor may have to prescribe higher doses just to attain the desired effect.
Garlic, aside from zapping bacteria, is also capable of offering so many other health benefits. Active components in the said herb are known to help in thinning the blood, thus considerably lowering your risk of heart attack and stroke. Garlic is also taken by those who have high blood pressure. Some of them simply swallow a number of raw cloves while others prefer garlic oil supplements. The intake of garlic, regardless of the form, is proven to lower your chances of suffering from cardiovascular disease because of it blood pressure-lowering ability.
Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of garlic also make the herb helpful against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Because it can put an end to inflammation, it may actually help lower your risk of arthritis, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis and cancer. Garlic is also said to help neutralize toxins in the body which may cause all sorts of health problems.
Through the years, traditional healers have been recommending garlic for combating fatigue and stress. In this day and age, the consumption of garlic or foods with it can be highly beneficial. The herb was also given to athletes in the ancient Greece. If you frequently hit the gym or you love engaging in sports, then you may find it easier to attain top performance simply by incorporating garlic into your diet or taking garlic oil supplements.
So if you’re ready to take advantage of the antibacterial properties of garlic and many other favors it can offer, read on. Below is the simple recipe of what’s touted as miracle soup.
- 50 pieces of garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 3 cups of stale bread (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 250 ml of chicken broth
- Have the oven preheated to 180°C.
- Chop off the tops of your garlic cloves and place on a tin foil.
- Cover them with olive oil, wrap and stash in the oven
- Bake them for about 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Once cool, mash the garlic using a fork.
- Grab a saucepan.
- Heat your olive oil and butter in the saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook your onions in it for about 10 minutes.
- Add your mashed garlic and stir well.
- Add into the mix your chicken broth and chopped thyme.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and add your cubed stale bread.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in your sour cream as well as some salt and pepper.
This post has been seen 9692 times.