Plaque buildup in the arteries is the first sign of atherosclerosis, a life-threatening condition that seriously increases a person’s risk of heart failure or a stroke. It constricts the blood vessels thus hampering normal blood flow to the brain and heart. Plaque typically accumulates as a result of high blood triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels. Early detection and prompt action is vital for successful treatment and survival.
Natural medicine recommends some extremely beneficial treatments to deal with this condition. One of the most effective natural remedies against plaque buildup uses fenugreek seeds. The amazing health benefits these seeds provide, especially those in relation to reducing LDL cholesterol levels, have been proven scientifically too. For one thing, fenugreek seeds are a rich source of fiber, which prevents cholesterol absorption. Plus, soluble fiber increases the viscosity of the food digested while inhibiting bile acid overproduction. Last, but not least, these seeds are highly beneficial for toxin elimination from the body aside from being the most effective natural cleanser.
There are two recommended ways to use fenugreek seeds to clean your arteries:
Soak 1 tsp. fenugreek seeds in water before going to bed. Leave them overnight then eat them on an empty stomach in the morning.
Mix 1 tsp. fenugreek seeds with a glass of water then boil for 5 minutes. Strain and add honey when the liquid cools. Drink 1-2 cups on a regular daily basis for a couple of months.
Tips for prevention of plaque accumulation
- Cut out smoking and excessive drinking;
- Curb your sugar intake;
- Cut down consumption of red meat;
- Increase your intake of brightly-colored fruits such as mango, tomatoes, watermelon, oranges;
- Include more beans and whole grains into your diet;
- Take 2-3 tbsps. extra virgin coconut oil on a regular daily basis;
- Drink 1-2 glasses of pure organic cranberry juice;
- Cook your food with extra-virgin olive oil;
- Drink 2 cups of green tea every day;
- Eat a few walnuts on a regular daily basis.
This post has been seen 4917 times.