Cleaning the house can be quite a chore, let alone choosing the right cleaner. But, we’ve decided to make things easier for you and give you the recipe for the most effective DIY household cleaner. This homemade cleaner will not only remove dust off your furniture, but, it’s also a powerful disinfectant that destroys harmful bacteria. As an added bonus, you get the shine that’ll make your furniture look brand new!
Dust is everywhere, but what’s really worrying is the fact that dust is often the cause of some serious health issues, mostly allergies and other respiratory difficulties. In other words, you have to constantly fight dust to ensure healthy living condition for your family.
But, if don’t feel like using commercial house cleaner, which are often laden with harsh chemicals, give this DIY recipe a try. It’s completely natural and extremely low-cost, yet it works wonders on your furniture. Plus, you get to modify its smell to your liking – a few drops of your favorite essential oil and your house will smell just as you like it!
How to remove dust with this household cleaner?
This DIY household cleaner is quite simple to make. With a few natural and inexpensive ingredients, you will give your furniture the best treatment without damaging the surface. It sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
You will need the following ingredients:
- It may sound surprising, but olive oil is one of the best natural ingredients to remove dust from furniture. What’s more, olive oil not only cleans your furniture, but it also repairs the damaged surfaces while restoring shine and color. It can be used on wooden, metal and glass surfaces.
- Lemon essential oil is another ingredient in this recipe. It provides amazing anti-bacterial properties that prevent the buildup of dust mites and bacteria in your house. The nice natural scent is an added bonus.
- Last, but not least, white vinegar is the third staple of this recipe. This ingredient is highly beneficial for removing dust from all types of surfaces in your house. Its acidic properties can eliminate stains in no time.
Once you try it, this amazing homemade cleaner will become a staple of your household. The many advantages it provides, such as safety, effectiveness and nice smell, will make you never want to replace it with a different one.
What you need:
- 2 tbs. or 15g olive oil
- ½ tsp. or 3g lemon essential oil
- ¼ cup or 62ml white vinegar
- 2 cups or 320ml water
- 1 spray bottle (450ml)
- 1 microfiber cloth
What you do:
Start by mixing the olive oil and the lemon essential oil. Then, add the white vinegar and the water, and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle.
Spray a small amount of this mixture on your furniture leaving it on for 5 minutes. Then, use a microfiber cloth to wipe it clean. Repeat the method if needed.
How to give your furniture a natural shine?
If you want to give your furniture some natural shine, there’s a simple trick to help you do it.
What you need:
- 4 tbs. or 64g olive oil
- 2 tbs. or 10ml lemon juice
What you do:
Mix the 2 ingredients then wipe your furniture with it. Wait for a few minutes before you get your decorations and photo frames back in place.
If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
This post has been seen 6970 times.