When you go to the doctor, do you just take the prescription? Most people don’t know that most prescriptions from a doctor are highly dangerous.
Do doctors even know what they’re prescribing these days? Just because your doctor has prescribed with you, a medication does not mean you should trust them or take the drug. Most of the time the side effects of the drug are worse than the reason you’re taking the drug in the first place. You should avoid taking these prescription drugs because they can do more harm than good for your body.
1. Antipsychotics: antipsychotics are used to manage psychosis including delusions, hallucinations, or a disordered thought schizophrenia and bipolar in particular. The antipsychotics are supposed to treat symptoms in people with psychosis. Instead, they can increase blood sugar levels, elevated lipid and cholesterol levels, and promote weight gain. Taking antipsychotics over a long period can cause you to develop diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs): SSRIs are usually used to treat depression and anxiety. They are believed to increase the extracellular level of the neurotransmitter serotonin by inhibiting it reuptake into the presynaptic cell, which increase the level of serotonin in the synaptic cleft. SSRIs are supposed to treat depression and anxiety, however taking medications such as Fluoxetine, Sertraline, and Paroxetine can make depression and anxiety worse. Other side effects include; suicidal tendencies, sexual dysfunction, gastrointestinal bleeding and heart diseases.
3. Opioid pain relievers: Opioids are chemicals that resemble morphine and work by binding opioid receptors which are found in the central nervous system and gastrointestinal tract. Painkillers kill more than just pain; they can kill you. These drugs have been reported as a leading cause in deaths in America.
4. Statins: Statins are drugs that are used to lower cholesterol levels. Although you may be treating high cholesterol you are risking the development of diabetes, liver disease, brain damage, muscle atrophy and even death. The FDA has extended their warnings on taking statins.
5. Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): this type of drug is commonly used to treat gastric acid production. PPIs are among the most widely sold drug in the world. Taking PPIs for long-term can result in brittle bones, depression, bacterial diarrhea, and a magnesium deficiency.
This post has been seen 10163 times.