The white fine powder known as baking soda has not only been used for the preparation of delicious baked goods. It has many other applications that can make the treatments and beauty care more effective, help in the household and to facilitate the dealing with some unpleasant situations.
Here are some things that you can use the baking soda for:
1. Clean hair. Sodium bicarbonate can help you remove the accumulated debris from styling products like regenerators, gels or foams. Simply add a teaspoon of baking soda in your shampoo bottle. If you use the swimming pool, then it is advisable to wash your hair with a solution of baking soda. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with half a liter of water and wash your hair to remove the chlorine and reclaim the exuberance hair.
2. Cleans combs and brushes for hair. Not only your hair, but your hair brushes become foundation for deposition of residues of hair products. Hair spray or natural oils from the scalp are easier to remove if the brush is immersed in hot water with two tablespoons of baking soda.
3. Hands without a sharp odor. Mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda with one teaspoon of liquid soap and rub your hands to remove the smell of fish, garlic or onions.
4. Soft skin on elbows and knees. The skin on the elbows and knees is known to give obedience to get one unpleasant rough touch and rigid look. Make a paste of baking soda and a little water and rub it on these areas of the body. You will notice a difference immediately.
5. Cleaner and whiter nails. Put a little baking soda on an old toothbrush and brush your nails and toes. In addition, it will soften the cuticles and give you a clean and whiter nails that often turn yellow from the use of nail varnish with strong colors.
6. Whiter teeth. On the toothbrush put a little baking soda over the toothpaste and wash your teeth. It is considered that sodium bicarbonate is a natural teeth whitener.
7. Relaxed feet. Relax your feet after a hard day with a mini bath of hot water and 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
8. Refreshed breath. Dissolve one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Drink a sip and hold it in your mouth for just a few seconds and then spit it out. The odor in the mouth will be neutralized.
9. Removing cigarette smell from clothing. If you happen to find yourself in a company of smokers, or if you are a smoker and hate the smell of smoke on your clothes, you can use baking soda to remove it. Before you wash your clothes, put them in water with a few tablespoons of baking soda.
10. Removing the smell of baby vomit and saliva from the clothes. It is very difficult to remove the smell of baby spit and vomit from clothes. But with baking soda you can do it. Spray baking soda to the particular place and rub the clothes.
11. Less scented garbage. Before you put a new bag in the trash can, spray the bottom with baking soda to reduce the bad smell.
12. Less odors in the refrigerator. In the fridge leave a little open box with baking soda. It will “absorb” smells. Replace the baking soda every 3 months or sooner if it starts to absorb too many odors. If you have a problem with a “nifty” refrigerator, clean it with water and baking soda.
13. Clean the microwave. Put baking soda on a sponge and rub it in a microwave oven.
14. Cleaning and refreshing the chopping board. To clean the chopping board for food, put the baking soda and rub it with a sponge. Then wash it with a detergent.
15. Plastic food container. When regularly used the plastic food containers easily get a bad odor. To eliminate the odors, fill them with a solution of water and baking soda and leave them overnight. Wash them in the morning.
16. Cleaning of scorched pans. Made a small mistake in the kitchen and ended up with burnt pan? You can ask for help from the baking soda. Put baking soda in the pan and pour hot water. Leave it to infuse for a few hours, and before cleaning it you may heat it on the stove until the water starts boiling.
17. Clean the grill. Clean the grease from the rack of the grill with a wet sponge with baking soda.
18. Cleaning stubborn adhesive labels. Sometimes on the new items there are remains of the adhesive labels that never want to come out. In that case, put baking soda on sponge and rub.
19. Cleaner and shinier silver. Mix baking soda and water in the ratio of 3: 1 (3 teaspoons of baking soda and one of water) and rub the silver items with the mixture. Finally, rinse with water.
20. Refresh carpets. If a specified place on your carpet for one reason or another has a sharp odor spray it with baking soda. Wait for2-3 hours, and then soak up the sodium bicarbonate particles.
This post has been seen 9075 times.