- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta cheese if desired)
- balsamic vinaigrette (I used Litehouse dressing for this salad)
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Toss in the pecans and brown sugar, stirring to coat. Cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to caramelize (about 3 minutes). Spread out pecans on a wax paper lined baking sheet to cool.
- In your salad bowl layer the spinach leaves, strawberries, goat cheese and pecans. Don’t pour dressing on salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!
This post has been seen 6116 times.